Warehouse Supervisors are responsible for the running of the warehouse which includes directing and receiving and distribution operations. The supervisor prioritises workloads by ensuring that deadlines are met and work stays on schedule. As team leaders they arrange and supervise employees work by coordinating and enforcing operational policies and procedures. Warehouse supervisors usually have good judgment and decision making abilities which contribute to team outcomes.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintains warehouse operations by monitoring Occupational Health & Safety.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts and checking data storage systems.
- Upkeeps the condition of the warehouse by inspecting equipment and provides work orders for repair or replacement.
- Prepares an annual budget to achieve financial objectives and provides reports for management.
- The warehousing environment is becoming increasingly more sophisticated and highly systemised.
- With recent advances in technology, warehousing has benefited significantly which has lead to some major changes in both storage and operation.
- This job requires both office work and supervision of activities within the warehouse.
- Certificate IV in Warehousing Operations
$39, 959 – $77,434 (Median $49,852)*
*Wages will vary according to your level of skill, experience, employer and geographical location.
Warehouse Supervisor Career Overview