A Distribution Manager is in charge of organising, directing and coordinating the supply, storage and distribution of goods.
They also schedule and monitor the pickup and delivery of products and goods from warehouses or businesses. This is usually an office based role where the majority of time is spent in the office reviewing data, negotiating contracts and managing the
overall supply and distribution of goods.
- Delegates duties to workers and monitors their performance
- Interviews, hires, and trains warehouse staff
- Maintains required stock levels
- Prepares and handle budgets
- Responds to customers questions and complaints
- Review invoices, work orders and data to estimate peak delivery periods
- The Logistics sector is becoming more advanced with the implementation of new technology to enable efficient and accurate movement of goods from place to place.
- This job requires both office work and supervision of activities within the warehouse or business.
- With supply chain becoming more integrated and highly systemised there is a demand for warehouse professionals who are multi-skilled and able to navigate the technical demands of the job.
- Diploma of Logistics
- Diploma of Deployment Logistics
$42,500 – $62,000 (Median $50,000)*.
*Wages will vary according to your level of skill, experience, employer and geographical location.
Distribution Manager Career Overview