A Fleet Manager is responsible for the management of the fleet of transportation vehicles in an organisation which may include between ten and thousands of vehicles at a time.
They are in charge of looking after the fleet administration standards and policies regarding vehicle operation within the organisation.
Responsibilities may include:
- Purchasing or leasing suitable vehicles and essential equipment
- Preparing annual budgets and reports concerning the operation costs
- Managing the maintenance and repair of vehicles in the fleet
- Organising replacements and disposal of damaged or old vehicles
- Arrange and monitor insurance of vehicles and equipment
This occupation carries across multiple sectors including Road Transport and Logistics and Warehousing.
- This job requires both office work and supervision of activities within the warehouse.
- The career opportunities as a Fleet Manager are many and varied with the opportunity to work for small to medium or large sized enterprises.
- Fleet Managers can be found in a range of industries, including the Transport and Logistics and allied industries and Defence.
- Certificate IV in Logistics
$50,072 – $91,299 per year (Median $65,404)*.
*Wages will vary according to your level of skill, experience, employer and geographical location.
Fleet Manager Career Overview