Railway Station Managers are responsible for overseeing the activities and operations of the station.
This includes managing activities related to the arrival, departure, and loading and unloading of trains, while complying with occupational health and safety regulations.They organise and direct resource management and operations staff to maximise production of terminal monitor costs. Railway Station Managers should have excellent management, organisational and decision-making capabilities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain business records and prepare budgeting reports and recommendations
- Evaluate data to improve streamline operations procedures and freight flow
- Recruits, trains and supervises railway staff
- Deals with customer inquiries and handles complaints
- The rail sector employs more than110,000 people in a wide rangeof occupations, disciplines and professions.
- More than 170 companies operate in the rail sector across Australia
- Railway Station Managers work indoors in offices and outdoors on and around railway tracks.
- Graduate Certificate in Rail Management Operations
$65,000-100,000 (median – $82,500)*
*Wages will vary according to your level of skill, experience, employer and geographical location.
Railway Station Managers Career Overview