A Storeperson is responsible for the receiving, handling and dispatching of goods coming into, or out of warehouses facilities and stores.
They must ensure the correct goods or products are delivered or despatched and check that there is the correct quantity and there is no damage. A Storeperson will document when goods arrive and record their exact location in the warehouse or store.
A career as a Storeperson allows you to work in many different sectors including Road Transport, Logistics and Warehousing, Rail, Aviation and Ports.
Responsibilities may include:
- Using a forklift , pallet jack or trolley to assist in loading and unloading trucks and moving goods around the warehouse for storage
- Packaging and dispatching completed orders to customers
- Entering details of received delivery slips, requisitions and invoices into computers
- Advise Manager on stock and re-ordering levels
- Ensure the warehouse area is neat and tidy
This occupation carries across multiple sectors including Road Transport, Logistics and Warehousing, Rail, Aviation and Ports.
- A Storeperson can be found in a range of industries, including the Transport and Logistics and allied industries and Defence.
- A Storeperson position can be held in nationally and internationally based, small to medium or large sized enterprises.
- The Logistics sector is becoming more advanced with the implementation of new technology to enable efficient and accurate movement of goods from place to place.
- Certificate II Warehousing Operations
- Certificate III Warehousing Operations
$34,299 – $57,656 (Median $41,329)*.
*Wages will vary according to your level of skill, experience, employer and geographical location.
Storeperson Career Overview