Flying high with Women in Aviation/Aerospace Australia
Women in Aviation/Aerospace Australia (WA/AA) is an initiative by Aviation/Aerospace Australia (A/AA) that aims to provide pathways for women to break through the glass ceiling by promoting gender diversity in the aviation and aerospace sector while creating a network for women to connect with their peers, inspire young women to pursue their goals in the industry and excel in their chosen careers.
The 2014 National Summit, Women Flying High, will be opened by the Hon Michaelia Cash, Minister assisting the Prime Minister for Women; and features a comprehensive line-up of presenters who are leaders in the aviation sector, including:
- Mairi Barton – Executive General, Manager Corporate and Industry Affairs, Airservices Australia
- Michelle Bennetts – Executive General Manager ARFF, Airservices Australia
- Lisa Brock – Chief Commercial Officer, Jetstar
- Melissa Davidson – HR Director, Boeing Defence Australia
- Air Commodore Catherine Roberts CSC – Director General Joint Strike Fighter Acquisition and Sustainment, Defence Materiel Organisation
Panel presentations and break out session topics will include: The next generation – How do we attract more girls into the sector; Insights from the USA; Challenges for retention; Statistics, Policy and Strategy; Professional Development and Effective Networking; and Early Career Navigation.
To find out more about this exciting summit, visit the Aviation/Aerospace website.