Help shape tomorrow’s T&L leaders
The VTA is seeking metropolitan and regional employers to provide an environment for growth, development and opportunity for bright, young, future leaders as part of their two-year Logistics Cadetship.
The program offers young people the opportunity to be employed fulltime with transport and logistics companies while they study for a Certificate IV in Logistics and a Diploma in Logistics.
Some of the benefits to businesses of employing a VTA Logistics cadet include:
- Recruitment of cadets through the school system where all applicants are vetted and interviewed for suitability in the industry.
- The process of selecting appropriate candidates is assisted by the VTA. This in turn reduces the amount of time spent on the interview process and increases the probability of a good match for your company.
- Networking events are conducted to highlight the advantages of the Cadetship and attract a pool of high-calibre candidates to work in the transport and logistics industry.
- Invitations for cadets to industry events like Freight Week and the Australian Freight Industry Awards.
- The VTA manages the program from start to finish for the cadet and their employer taking care of all the tedious details. The outcome for the employer is the benefit of a well-trained and productive employee.
- Assignments and assessments are workplace based making it relevant to their workplace and giving the cadets a better understanding of the company employing them.
Alternatively, you may have a young person in your business (aged 18 to 25 years) to whom you want to give the opportunity to further their vocational education and to grow their future management skills. VTA can also assist employers to place existing employees into the Cadetship program.
Interested? VTA will be holding an information session for potential employers on Tuesday 28 October from 10am-12pm. Click here to complete an online registration form. Alternatively, please contact Leni Carrion on 9646 8590 or email@example.com for further information about the VTA Cadetship in Logistics Program.