STAFF PROFILE | BRETT ROBINSON
Staff Profile | Brett Robinson
What is your role with TLISC?
National Workforce Development Advisor
Manage TLISC National Workforce Development Fund Projects
Promote and support industry workforce development programs and initiatives through advisory and implementation services, such as:
- Develop workforce development plans
- Broker workforce development solutions
- Identify and assess funding options
- Training procurement support
- Project/funds management
When did you join the transport and logistics industry and what have you done?
- Joined TDT Australia in 1999 as National Industry Services Manager.
- Managed consultancy services to National Companies in the implementation of Vocational Education & Training (VET) programs.
- Developed and implemented initiatives aimed at addressing industry skills shortages
How did you become part of the VET industry?
Joined Department of Employment, Education and Training 1985 (to 1995)
Tell us about your work-life before TLISC. (1999 to 2007)
Prior to re-joining TLISC in 2013 employed as Apprenticeship Support Officer Program coordinator for Victorian State Government and Vocational Training Manager at Origin Energy. 30 years in various roles within the VET sector.
What training and education have you undertaken?
Bachelor of Arts and Workforce Planning
What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Odds on, look on. Be a good listener and be inquisitive. Everyone has a story to tell.
What is the most rewarding part of your job?
Building effective and lasting client relationships.
How do you spend your time away from work?
Family, music, sport