Workforce Skills Analysis
If development of your staff is part of your job role, the Transport & Logistics Industry Skills Council (TLISC) has a diagnostic tool that may be useful to you.
To download the generic questionnaire click here.
The questions built into the survey will help capture information that will be used in developing a training strategy for your workforce. The outcome from the training will aim to increase productivity and up-skill your current workforce. Areas that could potentially be addressed through the training may include:
- Process improvements
- Cost savings
- Improved profitability
- Performance improvement
- Behavioural improvements
- Increased staff satisfaction
- Lower operating costs
- Creating a flexible workforce
- Job re-design
- Create staff retention strategies
- Lower absenteeism
The process in undertaking this survey is as follows:
- Create a new user profile and submit requested information
- A customised survey will be created for you based on the detail provided
- The survey is completed by enterprise and submitted for review
- Information provided through survey will be analysed by the Skills Council and a more detailed discussion held to develop a customised training solution aligned to desired outcomes
- Help provided in identifying any government funding and an appropriate Registered Training Organisation that compliment the agreed training solution.
Registered Training Organisations who believe that their customers may benefit from this service should encourage them to engage in the program. Reports created through the consultation process could then be used as a guide to potential training
As this is a free consultancy service offered by the Skills Council, there is an expectation that enterprises with a strong training culture engage in the program. Whilst this tool can be used for large organisations its design has also taken into consideration small to medium size organisations and is excellent for this sector.
If you require a more detailed explanation of the benefits of the services offered by TLISC in the area of workforce development and workforce planning, please contact: